Last night we bid farewell to 2017 in our pajamas on our brand new couch with really delicious Champagne and it was not wild or crazy but wonderful instead.
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !
As I sit here this morning, all cozy with Pip reflecting on this past year in the glow of our Christmas tree, I am overcome with gratitude. I've learned a lot, cried a lot, explored a lot, ate a lot, pushed a lot, studied a lot, found a lot, let go of a lot, listened a lot. And here we are, evolved but not hardened. This past year may have tested me more than most but I plan to take every lesson with me into whatever this next chapter has in store. I will maintain an open heart and look forward to all the possibilities that await.
I'm not big on resolutions, I'm more of a goal setter. So, in the spirit of accountability and growth here are some 2018 goals:
- Declutter and free our home and space from more stuff. Find the fullness in the open and empty without the need to fill it!
- Make myself more of a priority.
- Say "yes" only when I mean it. People pleasing at my own detriment isn't something I'm interested in continuing.
- WRITE more! Journaling and blogging. Really be consistent with blog posts on Pippin Points and working to reach and connect with more people through this website.
- MEDITATE more! Make my mental health just as important as my physical health.
- Become more active in causes that speak to me (TBD, suggestions welcome).
- MOVE more! With my knee injury further and further in my rearview I'm excited to recommit to my physical outlets. Running, yoga, CrossFit and other endeavors that have been out of reach during my recovery are once again available and I'm literally giddy just at the thought.
That's it for now and I'm sure my list will change and grow and evolve but sometimes it's important to have a baseline. I'd love to know some of your goals/intentions/resolutions and/or ambitions so if you're so inclined to share, reach out! Let's do this together!
Wishing you all an upcoming year full of dreams coming true, unlimited abundance, laughter, and good health!